Wednesday, December 2, 2009

essay 2-03a: My language learning history

I will write about my language learning stories. I have been interested in English till now. In addition, I started learn Spanish from when I enter this university. So I am studying three languages included in my mother tongue Japanese. Now I want to talk about my language learning stories.

First, I will talk about my future plan of my language. My dream is to become a Japanese teacher in a foreign country and I want to teach local people about Japanese culture, history, habit and so on. So, to dream come true I have to improve my English skill than now. For example, speaking, writing, and listening skills. And then, to improve my English skills, I want to talk with people who speak English as a mother tongue, of course, I think to talk with good English speaker is also good for me. In addition, I am planning to go abroad and study some languages until I am a college student as an exchange student. That experience will be good experience for me.

Next, I will write about my past history of language. I started to learn English at the cram school when I was 12 years old. I began to study English from the beginning, for example, greeting and alphabets and so on. After I entered junior high school, I study English standard. My junior high school English teacher was great person. His teaching English was always easy to understand very much. I think that is the very reason which I love English even now. In addition, I started to study Spanish when I entered KGU. We have to choose second language apart from English. I was really irresolute about my choice of the second language. Finally, I decided to learn Spanish as a second language because people who speak Spanish is the second most in the world. So I think Spanish is the most useful language when I travel the foreign countries. But Spanish words have gender, so I was at a loss which learning that type language is first time for me. I think learning new language became good stimulus for me. However, I have been studying Spanish for 2 years, so I can understand the Spanish grammar a little now. My aim of study Spanish is to study more natural Spanish and travel to Spain.


Then, I am studying two languages now. In the most of the class, my teacher gives us some homework every class. Of course I did it every time, but I do not study English and Spanish in the other time. So I want to study languages to improve my language skill out of the class. Through studying languages out of the class, I think my skill is improver than now. In my opinion, it is really good point to study languages.

The main reason of studying languages for me is to live a full life. Because I think talk with people who speak other language is able to know a lot of opinions. In addition, I can go through some experiences to go abroad. So I want to learn many languages which I am interested in. (527 words)

4 comments:

Yuriboooh said...

I didn't know you studied Spanish. Is it difficult to learning grammer Spanish?

panda said...

Hi Hanae! Which languages do you want to learn?

sayaka said...

Hi,Hanae!
Which country will you go if you become a japanese teacher.

saki said...

I didn't know that you want to be a Japanese teacher. Do you like japanese best?