Wednesday, October 28, 2009

web review

http://history1900s.about.com/od/people/p/jkrowling.htm
I want to read her other stories which she has written when she was a young.

Do you know J.K. Rowlling who is great writer in the world? In my opinion, many people love her story. Then I will write about her achievements and story of her life.

There was a time when no one knew the name Harry Potter. He is a main character of series of Harry Potter. The story of it is about the adventures of this amazing student in Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizard. It is read by many people over the world and translated in many languages. For example, Japanese, English, Thai, Russian, ancient Greek and so on. I think that it is really rare case to translate in ancient Greek, so it is loved many people.

J.K. Rowling was born in England in 1965. She had been wanted to be a writer from when she was a young. I think she wrote many stories at that time. After she graduated college, she worked many kinds of jobs. But she never gave up her dream which to become a writer. She was working with write some stories to dream some true. One day, she traveled by train to London, she got the idea for the boy wizard. While she was writing the story of Harry Potter, she was married twice and had two child, David Gordon and Mackenzie Jean. We can understand her enthusiasm to writing from that episode. She continued writing, and finished the first book in the series, ‘Harry Potter and the philosopher stone’ in 1997. Then it became an unexpected bestseller.

Her life has changed one after another. She has become internationally famous person and according the other information now earns $40 million a year. I want to be like her to dream come true. In addition, she is a very person who I admire in my life. (317 words)

2 comments:

Risa said...

I didn't know who wrote Harry Potter and I've never read it. But I'm interested in her stories. I want to read her stories if I have a chance.

Akiha said...

I like Harry Potter series too. I read it till vol.6. But I don’t read vol.7. I want to read it. I respect her. I receive impression from her.